Saturday, August 04, 2012

Wonder

As I wander off the porch of a space some dear friends are sharing with us, I realize I have forgotten that it is Saturday Morning. There are no digital clocks on these views, only the natural ones, whose rhythm is so easy to get accustomed to...like it was natural or something.

I have mentioned my deep affection for slant before, and this morning is full of it. Light miraculously invading the shadows of ridges and trees, but ever so gently as it does so. It seems transported this morning on breeze, creating a flutter of a million leaves all waving in a kind of praise. The light and the shadows dance together romantically, as the leaves of the conductor's wand direct them deeply into a kind indescribable beauty.

A fullness drowns out the sense of doom we so often carry around with us. It requires a trust, but oh so beckoningly. And the human spirit within me yields today to it.

Thank you, David and Julie, for a spot to remember, to wonder, to discover. Thank you for your humility, which so frees us to enjoy the fact that all goodness is from God.