Friday, April 06, 2012

Another Slanted Morning

It is another slanted morning.  And, when I saw it, my heart rose a bit in anticipation.  I have come to love sunlight from the side, as it slants in on things, making both high-lights and shadow simultaneously..  Add in some heavenly breeze and the world seems to just tingle with dancing motion.  And, the secret of its beauty seems to be that it does so without calling attention to itself.  It just whispers faintly, "do you know what I know?"  I think it is a beauty that knows it source, so it has no need to advertise or flaunt itself.  It just is...reflecting its reflecting on the One who makes it all move and shine.

Whew...about all you can do is breathe it in; slowly, deeply, wonderfully.

As I do this, something settles in me.  I rediscover that I am a part of all of this, that I have a part in all of this.  And, when I assume this same position -- reflecting God like the rest of his creation -- a strange thing happens, I come alive.

I love it when truth sneaks up on you in ways like this.  It taps you gently on the shoulder and offers you something didn't expect, from the side, as it slants itself into your budding awareness.