Friday, November 15, 2019

Ephemeral Harvest

Another delightful edition of Michiana Chronicles:

One day late last autumn, I strode in the house, flung off my coat and hollered, "Riely, do we know what time the moon rises?"

"Look on the mirror," he hollered back. We weren't mad-hollering; we were just excited. We'd hatched a plan to drive up to Lake Michigan for dinner at the Roadhouse, and then watch the Harvest Moon rise as we rode home.  The post-it note on the mirror read 7:19. Working backward, as is his wont, he proposed a well-timed schedule. I proposed, as is my wont, that we take the prettiest route possible.

"And let's go down the darkest roads for the trip home," I said, and Riely agreed.

This is what it's like when you know the territory. It's the polar opposite of travel to new and exotic destinations, but it too has marvels to behold...continue here.

-- Molly Moon