Tuesday, May 15, 2018

LT: Confessions of an idea bully

...as the advertising company I founded struggled through a painful cultural crisis, I came to a shocking realization. One day, during a brainstorm with my team, I had a sort of out of body experience, observing myself as if from across the room. And I could see the company’s problem clearly. It was me. The way I was exercising my creative abilities was depressing the creativity of everyone around me. I had become an idea bully.

What made this realization so surprising was that in other areas of life and leadership, I’ve always focused on being gentle, self-aware and concerned for the well-being of others. I hate seeing people suffer and I’m fully bought in on the idea that companies should be run on strong values.

But give me a problem to solve in a group setting...continue here.

-- Jonah Sachs