Saturday, March 12, 2016

Arizona Hiking, 2016 - Grand Canyon & Sedona

Grand Canyon (pics)...to the bottom and back up. Unparalleled beauty!

Sedona (pics)...Devil's Bridge.

...some 35+ miles altogether.  A delightful time in nature and with family.

Here are some of our reflections:
  • I LOVE each of you very much and can't imagine these adventures and doing life without you. Grateful for all of the time God has given us as a family and that we (Ryan, Conner, Kenzie) have parents that sacrifice to make these amazing memories and trips happen.
  • As I was hiking down, in between, and up I kept thanking God that, we are all able physically to do that kind of activity. When I got back I told my friends that I also was so grateful that this was the kind of trip my family wanted to take. #cactioverpalmtrees 
  • I experience God in a really real way when I'm out in nature and traveling with you all. It breathes life into me. Even though it was an exhausting trip, it refreshed me. So thanks mum and dud for making this happen and for putting much thought into it. I also think about the idea of waiting. We've wanted to do this for three years and it made the time that much more sweet. 
  • I'm grateful for Conner hiking up with me. I don't think I would've wanted to do that alone and I was grateful for the time just to be with him during that rough 5 hours too. 
  • I loved being together....
  • I was very grateful to see Dad standing at the top and to see him walk down and meet us. Reminded me of all the times he (and you too mom) have come alongside me during my life, met me where I am at, and walked with me.
  • I was reminded that sometimes we are asked to just take one step at a time, even if we don't know what is ahead or how long  God is going to take to get us where we are going.  Each step is a courageous step towards something even if we don't know what that "thing" is. 
  • I loved being together.  You are my favorite people.
  • The idea that we all have our own pace/journey to walk.  Don't require/compare others to be on the same pace.
  • Keep walking (just keeping on, moving long enough will get you a long way)
  • We can do more than we think we can (walk farther / deeper)
  • It is good to acknowledge fear (falling); it keep us focused