Friday, February 05, 2016

Discovered Blessing

Many Friday mornings now, I look forward to 3 things:

- a good coffee
- a cranberry scone
- a new edition of Michiana Chronicles

I'm not sure how each of the above influences the other, but I'm suspecting they do.  On Fridays, I have noticed that I am almost instinctively moving a bit more quickly through my morning routines to be ready by 7:45a...with my undetected motivation, the hearing of the latest edition of MC.

I wonder about how good writing works and how it is enhanced by the physical speaking of it.  It seems creative use of words to describe something both earthy and transcendent at the same time is powerful in its reach into us.  It helps me imagine things familiar to me, but not yet identified.  It blesses me with the real, and the possible.  I love the sense of internal attention it creates in me.  It allows me to wonder how I can be that for someone else that day.  I am enriched.  ...a discovered blessing.