Monday, February 22, 2016

30

I am really amazed at this length of time.  As of today, Tami and I have been married now for 30 years.  This seems a bit like an odd combination of unreal, surreal, and...very real.
  • I feel aware of some of the dangers we've endured over this period of time...times where we felt unsure of how we would make it through.
  • I feel aware that God has been more than kind to each of us, and to us together, throughout these years together.  
  • I feel aware of a deep gratitude; that we are still together, that we love each other the way we do, and for the community that God has used to shape our love.  
  • And, I feel aware of this desire in me:  that I would be increasingly willing to love Tami with the love that God has loved me.
Ephesians 3 talks about this love.  The ESV describes a 'strength to comprehend'...this love.  The NIV describes it as a 'power to grasp'...this love.  I need this kind of strength and power to love...another 30 years.