Tuesday, December 29, 2015

I Used To Think: Extend Goodness

On our recent Christmas Cruise, I read parts of a couple of books.  One was, Love Does, by Bob Goff.  What a wonderful read.  He would start most chapters with the phrase, "I used to think..." and then go on to talk about something that he has learned.

I was running early this morning and was, ironically, feeling a little sorry for myself.  How could I feel this way, coming off of our great week last week?  I started talking to God about it and I believe he pointed me to my own, "I used to think...".

I used to think that I needed to receive goodness and keep receiving goodness, now I recognize that what I really need is to extend goodness.

We have had chances to do that a few times in the last few months and I can see that in so doing I have received all the goodness I need...by extending it to others.