Saturday, October 10, 2015

What Julia Roberts Can Teach Us About Creation

"I've been here for over four and a half billion years, 22,500 times longer than you; I don't really need people, but people need me." And "I have fed species greater than you; and I have starved species greater than you." And "my oceans, my soil, my flowing streams, my forests -- they all can take you or leave you."

I've often thought that nature is rather indifferent...to us.  It will do what it does regardless of our response to it, regardless of our even noticing it.  It seems to live, have purpose for something else, besides human approval.  A friend and I talked about this years ago; he even wrote a poem about this...which I now want to find again.

Continue the quote above from in this article by Robert Barron here....