Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Getting Away From You

​Do you ever feel like something is getting away from you?  Even when you feel preoccupied with finding it?

I feel like this is happening to me.  But, I don't know what it is...that is getting away.  But, it feels like something is.

And, it appears that the only way to find it, is to stop being so busy about doing so. Running-busy inescapably seems to becomes a circle, rather than a straight line to anywhere. I have to stop trying so hard and slow up enough to find something in the space I occupy, rather than the one I strive to get to. It is around me, but I am rushing past it again and again. I need to wait in a space for it to come, rather than scramble-searching for it...perhaps the wind from my own scurry pushes it away.

I have to stop, in order for what I am looking for to be...with me.