Thursday, November 27, 2014

Give Thanks - For He Is Good

Thanksgiving:

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
    his love endures forever.
Cry out, “Save us, God our Savior;
    gather us and deliver us from the nations,
that we may give thanks to your holy name,
    and glory in your praise.”

-- 1 Chronicles 16:34

I am grateful today for the wealth of the Lord...I have been given much.  Cherished family, good friends, community, more comfort than I need or deserve, health, meaningful work...and much more, like these kinds of things, identified here by Linford Detweiler:

- Our accumulated memories and stories
- Our sometimes loneliness
- The gift of learning to be astonished
- The gift of learning that through our imperfect world runs a deep current of love that refuses to be contained or extinguished
    Even more, I am thankful for the endless goodness of God. He was making a way for me and for those I love, even before I knew what I needed from him.  The glory of his ways is without measure...not only for salvation, but also for the beauty and joy of relationship with Him.

    Thank you!