Friday, August 22, 2014

Instinctive Responses

Though they have been trained upon us, we are betrayed by our most instinctive responses to our efforts to survive.

It seems we often end up choosing one of two things, increased or more creative effort or simple resignation...quitting.  Both leave us in an unsatisfied stupor, insensitive to another option sitting right beside us...almost as if it were simply waiting for us to see it.

What we have opportunity to discover is that our real source of survival is not rooted in the management of our own resources to begin with.  We do not give ourselves life.  Something else does....

So, what does make us come alive again...from our oft-exhausted state?  I am asking a group of guys I meet with this question.  I am asking it of myself.  I suspect it may be a most important question....