Saturday, June 28, 2014

Impact Is Occuring

We tend to live in sweeps of time and circumstance.  There are times when we live quite aware of the impact we are having ...good and bad.  And, there are times when we can barely trace any impact.  We can chafe against this rather simple reality.  Or, we can relax in it...knowing that it's truth is not primarily predicated on our recognition of it.

Impact is occurring....

I was at a funeral yesterday, where impact from my life was revealed far more than I ever realized.  I was reminded, too, of impact on me...much of which I had forgotten.  Earlier today, I had a impacting conversation with a friend.  A few weeks ago, I was lost in a swirl of (perceived) nothingness.  At the moment, I sense how nearly every movement I am making right now has impact.  I don't expect that sense to last....

Impact is occurring.

We can live a lot of the time out of a dread (or just simple worry) of the future or out of a prevailing sense of regret over the past.  Our opportunity, though, is to live 'alive' to the present, with a deep wonder about both the bursts of wonder and the tediums...of the moment.

Impact is occurring....