Friday, May 16, 2014

CT: We All Walk Between

Speaking of paying attention, there's been several posts this week worthy of our attention, including:

I had never been challenged to view suffering and hardship in my marriage as a gift from God to grow me into Christ-likeness.  As I turned the pages of my wounded soul, I realized I didn't truly want my husband to worship God. I wanted him to worship me. I wanted, needed, his love—unadulterated and unhindered.

As long as my husband was my enemy, I was forced to bear their fruit.

My sense of control shattered. I knew I couldn't control my husband. I'd never realized I wanted to control God. My heart still beat for what I wanted: a perfect, peaceful marriage, family, and complete fulfillment. I wanted God to change my husband for myself. I had to answer God's questions. Child, what about what I'm doing? Will you still trust me even if your marriage never changes? Will you repent and be transformed by the renewing of your mind?

Would I be satisfied in God? If everything fell apart, would I be satisfied knowing that God is good, even when I am not? Yes, my heart breathed with a long and ragged exhale. Then repent and be transformed.

-- Joy Sevilla

Click here to continue reading what strikes me as important reflections on sexuality, our desires, and yielding to a greater work that God is doing (often through our suffering), not only in another person, but in myself.