Saturday, March 03, 2012

The Way

I watched a movie last night called, The Way.  It is a film about a journey a man ends up taking when he learns of the untimely death of his son.  A powerful depiction of what happens on a pilgrimage (a chosen one or not).  I would say that it embodies some of what Huston describes here

And, it gets me thinking about the idea of 'pilgrimage' -- the role it has played throughout history for man in search of something.  Where am I, on my pilgrimage?  Do I see my experience with life in this way?  I would say, yes.  At least at the moment.  Though there have many seasons where I actually had very little idea what was really going on...times when I have been submerged in the stranglehold of my desires.

And, partly to continue towards freedom from strangling things, partly because of what seems to be a timeless and inherently human desire...I am interested in taking on a pilgrimage of The Way of St. James type, before all is said and done.