Saturday, February 25, 2012

Seductive Tyranny

OK, so I am reading this book for Lent called simplifying THE SOUL and I am almost afraid to continue.  It is a powerfully desirable series of blow after blow to the order of my life.  An order that, often, even I despise.  I was magnetized even by the title, in part, because of the range and depth of complexity I feel so often in my life.  'Simplify' has become an unspoken search of mine for some time now (I must be getting older).

The other problem is that nearly every page I read offers me something that nearly jumps off it, leaving me feeling a bit like a robber by keeping it only to myself.  ....which means that there is risk in me re-typing very significant portions of the book, should I continue reading it.  Maybe I'll stop.

Maybe I won't...after all, it is Saturday Morning.  So, here goes another one....

Pray that you might taste the sweetness of being liberated from the seductive tyranny of beautiful possessions.

-- Paula Huston, simplifying THE SOUL

What are the 'complexifying' things in my life so beautiful to me that I don't even recognize their seductive control over me?