Saturday, January 07, 2012

Let Hope Run You Over, too

I would encourage you to read this post.  It is familiar to the human (and my) experience...not constantly, but at one point or another, very common and seemingly universal (not necessarily the exact circumstance, but the perspectives we all share when we are in deep pain).  I have experienced it...the depths of wondering how to go on in midst of pain and the depths of knowing the joy of a redeemed perspective of that pain (and the tears of both).  I continue to think about the role of pain in our lives...what it does to us, what it does for us.  This adds to value to it.  Read it.  Save it.  Share this hope...and let it run you over, too.  ...you have been or will be in both places described, at one point or another in this life.

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

-- John 16:33